Been a long time! I know! As I mentioned in my previous post I was facing some skin and health issues, because of which I was completely disoriented to do anything creative.
Now that I am in a better mood and my skin eruptions are calming down, I thought why not share my ultimate super 'natural' look, that's appropriate for everyday. It's long wearing, fresh looking and great for sweaty weather.
When I say natural I don't mean just throwing on some tinted moisturizer and lip gloss. On the contrary, natural makeup for me (read that works for me) is that doesn't look too made up but still incorporate steps that give me a more put together and polished look.
1. Light layer of mattifying primer to keep oil at bay through day and my fav is Hourglass Veil Mineral primer.
2. A thin and light layer of medium to full coverage foundation to hide my not so well behaved skin lately and my choice is my all time favourite Dior Forever Flawless Skin foundation. However, if my skin is naturally in good condition I prefer Dior Nude Air Serum foundation. To seal and set the base I have been liking Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dimlight powder lately as it helps bring back the glow on my skin and doesn't make me look shiny through the day.
For bringing some definition back I throw on some bronzer (Chanel Bronze Universal), almost all over, a natural nu*e blush (Becca Dameselfy or MAC Warm Soul) and a natural looking highlight (Becca Moonstone or Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight) .
3. A shade lighter concealer to hide those nasty hereditary dark circles and my choice is Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger and to set the concealer I use my trustee Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder.
4. Smoothing the edges of brow and filling in any bald spots. Basically ever so slightly defining and evening them out and for this I prefer using either a pencil or a powder. When I have time I use powder (MAC eye shadow in Mystery) but I am usually running late so I use an eye brow pencil and for this I use my trustee Anastasia Beverlly Hills Browwiz in Medium Brown. Medium brown is ever so slightly more ashy and a bit less deeper than Dark Brown.
5. Slight definition on eyes, to create an illusion of deep set eyes and push the hood back slightly. For this I use either Lorac Pro Palette or Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage palette. A long wearing gel liner inside the rim of my eyes (L'oreal Gel Eye liner) and lashings of mascara (Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara).
6. Muted lips for a natural look - my current favourite go to have been Tom Ford Indian Rose and Charlotte Tilbury Matter Revolution lipstick in Very Victoria topped with a lipgloss.
7. And to melt all the powders and get more skin like finish I spritz some rose water spray all over.
This is the look I have been wearing pretty much every time I wear makeup lately. It looks natural, doesn't look too made up and still my skin peeks through (well you can still see some of my scars and little left over bumps).
Hope you like my take on natural make-up look.
Lots of Love