Hope you all are happy and healthy.
I did this look today inspired by The Aubergine Feline Flick tutorial by very talented Makeup Artist from Mumbai, Neeraj Navare (click here to see his tutorial) and my dear friend Rashmi's recommendation that if there is ONE beautiful teal eye pencil it's Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Covet (click here to read her post), who also arranged to get this beautiful pencil for me from USA through her friend. So, I had inspiration and the product to re-create the look with a twist.
I changed the look a bit with a nearly failed and not so neat neutral cut crease and added a punch of glitter (to cover up the failure of cut crease :-P). While Neeraj used rest of the make-up from the same color family, I obviously could not and hence created a striking contrast with Fuchsia lips and cheeks. Teal & Fuchsia contrast is very common in Indian Tradition dresses, especially Banarasi Sarees, which is my favorite color combo and not to mention Banarasi's are my favorite silk sarees. I loved this beautiful contrast in makeup too and loved how youthful and fresh this look is! You may also wear red lips and a warm apricot peach blush with this eye make up to make it look more sophisticated.
List of products used to create the look:
- Lancome Teint Idol Ultra Foundation
- MAC Prolong wear concealer in NC42 + Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2 (to conceal under eye darkness)
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC42 for hiding blemishes
- MAC MSF Natural Medium-Dark
- Nars Bronzer in Laguna
- Nars Powder blush in Desire
- Lancome Rose Moonlight Blush as highlighter on top of my cheeks and cupid's bow
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
- MAC eyeshadows: Vanilla, Cork, Brun, Teal Pigment, Reflects Glitter in Transparent Teal
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Covet
- Inglot Kohl in Black
- Chanel Kohl in Clair
- Maybelline the falsies Mascara
- Guerlain Rouge Automatic lipstick in Champs Elysees
- Chanel Glossimer in Jalousie
Step by Step tutorial on how I created the look:
- Step 1: Started with priming lids with MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot
- Step 2: Applied MAC Vanilla eye shadow all over as a was using a Sigma E60 brush
- Step 3: Applied cork in crease using MAC 217 brush
- Step 4: Created sharp line (which was supposed to take the shape of my crease, but turned out almost straight) using MAC 266 brush and MAC Brun Eyeshadow
- Step 5: Blend the line with MAC Cork using MAC 217 brush
- Step 6: Pat MAC Naked Lunch eye shadow in the middle of the lid using Sigma E60 brush
- Step 7: Trace Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Covet on upper and lower lash line. Under the lower lash line leave the inner third blank.
- Step 8: Applied MAC Pigment in Teal using a wet angled brush to avoid fall out
I hope you all liked the look and the contrast of Teal and Fuchsia.
Have a lovely week ahead.
Lots of Love