Hope all are having a great week so far and are geared up for the weekend.
All these days I was totally out of inspiration to do any looks and hence lack of posts. So, in the meanwhile I changed the design of the blog, especially the comments section. Now, I can reply to each and every comment individually. Its something which I wanted to have in my blog, but couldn't break the jinx. I am really excited about it.
Coming to the post now, when I woke up today morning, it was quite windy and chilly for Mumbai. Although, a lot make-up brands have already launched their Spring collections and bloggers across the world seem to have started their shopping for spring, but, for me winters are still around. So, a look inspired by winter colors, duo-chrome smokey eyes paired with berry lips and a lovely flush of berry on cheeks. This look is perfect for a party or a night out around the town. Actually, why just the night look, switch the lipstick color to a light to medium pink and the look will be good for day time too.
In all the pictures below you will see a big bump on my cheek, I am so sorry for that, but I just couldn't wait to share this look with you all.
- Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Dark
- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Stromboli
- MAC Mineralise Blush in Gentle
- Nars bronzer in Laguna
- Estée Lauder Illuminating Gelee in Modern Mercury
- MAC paint pot in Painterly
- MAC Eyeshadows: Cordura , Sketch, Wedge, Naked Lunch and pigment in Blue Brown
- Lakmé absolute Kohl Ultimate in Black
- Clinique Gel eyeliner in True Black
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara
- MAC Mattenee lipstick in Deliciously Forbidden (This is limited edition product, but you can get almost similar shade with MAC Plumful and lipliner in Beet. You can see the combo here)
Below is the step by step tutorial to get the look:
- Step 1: Prep you eyes with painterly paint pot
- Step 2: Apply a mix of MAC eyeshadows in Cordura and Sketch using MAC 222 brush in the outer-V as shown below. Blend it well using MAC Wedge eyshadow.
- Step 3: Apply the same combination of eyeshadows under the lower line using a pencil brush like MAC 209 brush
- Step 4: Apply MAC eyeshadow in Naked Lunch under the brows
- Step 5: Apply MAC pigment in Blue Brown all over the lid
- Step 6: Apply the same Naked Lunch eyeshadow in the tear duct and blend it towards the inner crease
- Step 7: Pat a little bit of Naked Lunch in the center of the lid. This will give an illusion of bigger eyes.
- Step 8: Apply a very thin line of eyeliner and wing it slightly. Apply black eyepencil in the inner rim of your eyes and apply good 2-3 coats of black mascara.
I hope you all liked the look. I have been very much into berries and reds this winter. I usually do not follow any trends when it comes to make-up but, I got swayed away with the trends this year. Do you follow make-up trends, what is your favorite winter color? Share with me in the comments below. :-)
Have a lovely Friday and weekend.
Lots of Love