Hope all of you had a great weekend.
I watched movie Talaash over the weekend and quite liked the it. It was a nice suspense thriller. Kareena Kapoor looked extremely beautiful in the entire movie. She looked most beautiful in the song Muskane Jhoothi hai... which is talk of the town for especially how gorgeous and ethereal she is looking in the song. Below is her picture from the song which I am copy-pasting from the Google Images. I kept waiting for this song through out the movie but it didn't come at all... think they shot this song more for promotion than to be a part of the movie. Ok ok, I am not going to reveal further details of the movie, go watch it yourself.
Talking about the actress's make-up in the song, she is sporting kinda retro glam look. She is wearing dark reddish plum lipstick, which is the most gorgeous part of her look, thick eyeliner winged out in the end, dark brows, full lashes and her signature contoured cheeks. Not to mention, here skin is flawless and radiant. Now, describing her lips, they are darkest in the corners graduating to lighter shade of plumish-fuchsia in the middle, kinda ombre lips. Her lips are neither matte nor glossy, but slightly shiny. The most complicated part of her look are the lips. So, for a change this post is going to be a lips tutorial showing my version of her lips. I hope that I have fared well with the look.
- Clinique pore instant pore minimizer
- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in shade Stromboli
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC42 to hide blemishes
- MAC Blush in Fleur Power - I just could not guess what blush she is wearing in the video.
- Nars Bronzer in Casino
- Estee' Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelee in Mercury
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
- MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
- MAC e/s in Retrospeck - all over the lid
- MAC Cork - in the crease
- MAC Shroom - Tearduct
- Clinique Gel eyeliner in True Black
- Bourjois Volume Max Mascara
- Chanel Kohl in Claire - any flesh toned beige eye pencil
Lips: Step by step tutorial along with the products used to get the lips. I have used three lipsticks to get this look. However, you don't have to have exact same products to get the look. You can use a better alternative, if you have, just one single lipstick.
- Step 1 - You need a very dark purplish plum lip liner. I have used MAC Currant and filled my entire lips leaving the middle portion of the lower lip vacant.
- Step 2 - Now you need a really dark red lipstick with satin finish. I have used Runway Red. Apply it in outer corners as shown below.
- Step 3 - Now coming to the second lipstick. It's almost similar to our lip liner shade, purplish plum. I am using MAC Rebel. Fill it in the entire upper lip, and towards the middle portion of the lips, just next to Runway Red, leaving the very center part of the lower lip vacant. After having done that very very lightly dab the upper lip on the lower lip, ensure you do it very lightly.
- Step 4 - Its time for the third lipstick. You need a dark blue based fuchsia shade. I have used MAC Girl About Town. Dab it in the very middle portion, and this completes the lips. This graduation of colors from dark to light is giving an illusion of fuller lips.
Here is the full look.
So guys, what do you think Have I been able to do justice with the Kareena's ethereal look? Do, let me know in the comments below... I am waiting for them. Please keep them coming.
I hope you all enjoy the movie (if you haven't watched yet) and have a great week ahead.
Join me on Twitter: @eesha_thakur22
Lots of Love